Saturday, May 04, 2013

A day spent @ Sentosa

When I woke up in the morning, I was kind of upset....... the sly looked so dark......Thereafter my fears came true, it began to rain!!! Haiz.....How to go and enjoy myself when it is raining..... That was very bad..... However, I still went ahead with my plans.......Going to Sentosa....

Luckily, it stopped raining at my place, thus I was able to proceed with my plans. We went to Vivo city, took the Sentosa Express..... I was surprised that the price increased to $4.50 now..
The last time I took the Express was just in November 2012, where I had to attend a conference in Resort World Sentosa for 2 days and the price then was $3.50.....

Initially our plans was to stay in Universal Studio for the day, however it was changed because of the weather, thus we proceeded to indoor activities instead.. We chose to go to the Maritime Experimental museum instead. But it was packed together with the S.E.A.Aquarium, thus we proceeded to both..... While we were inside, it started to pour outside.....

My friend and I was quite relieved that it was a weekday, not very very packed even though it was still crowded with people.....at least we don't experienced to be packed sardines.....

It was nice, we spent almost two and a half hour inside the museum and aquarium...... slowly gazing around, taking pictures, playing their interactive games, understanding history of Zheng He, which is one of my favourite Chinese history.....

After self-directed history lessons, we moved on to marine biology lessons which were also self directed.....

We went into the world's largest aquarium and experienced the blue planet.......almost you see blue colour throughout, and yet the colour contrast was so beautiful...... you don't feel blue at all...

There was the ocean gallery you look through the world's largest window to the marine world and you feel like you are standing right inside the ocean.....

There was also the shipwreck habitat, where the shipwreck has became a home to the seas' marine life...

There was also the sharks sea, where these predators were swimming around you.....

There were many other zones right inside the aquarium: Ocean Dome, Open Ocean, Ocean Journey, Arabian Gulf and Arabian Sea, Red Sea, Bay of Bengal and Laccadive Sea, East Africa, South China Sea, Strait of Malacca and Andaman Sea, Strait of Karimata and Java Sea and etc........

After the lesson, I realized that I was so fascinated about the Ray Fish...... and one of them was the Manta Ray (Manta Alfredi- Spanish).......
Hahaha, I bought one as a souvenir!!!!!


 
 
 
We had a simple lunch break eating bread only....... nowadays bread is so expensive.....
 
Thereafter, we went on to visit another museum.... Images of Singapore....
 
ooh I love visiting museum..... my favourites.......
 
This time I am recapping my Singapore history lessons......hahaha.... Walking into the very primitive days to present....I was like sitting inside a train that travelled back in time....
 
Again I was in my slowest pace, away from the noises and crowd..... quiet and calm....... it was just remarkable.... I love to be in such a state, no other disturbances.....
 
But yet again in any place where people are around, you tends to meet very, very strange bunch of people.....
 
They are a group of Indians visitors, not local, definitely from overseas.... we found them to be really strange... instead of enjoying the walk in the museum, these guys practically opened every exit door ...we were very puzzled with their actions and the funny thing is, every time they opened the exit doors, we were just standing there, thus we were very sure they opened every exit door in every exhibiting zone area....
 
???????? opened the exit door.......talked.....then closed ....... We tolerated until the end of our walk and we just burst into laughter.....
 
We will never know the answers!!!!
 
I bought a very unique souvenir at the gift shop.... something related yet unrelated too!
 
My favourite character : A Chinese Zombie 僵尸
Related: Sentosa
Unrelated: Chinese Zombie
Unique: A Chinese Zombie Bear 僵尸熊
 
 
 
 
After a good laugh, we decided to walk home.......of course not home to where we stayed...... We meant the Sentosa boardwalk.... we decided to walk to Vivo City instead.......
 
It was about 470m back to Vivo City....... 
 
We then decided to have Sushi for dinner....
Luckily we had our dinner early, coz while we were eating , the queue outside the restaurant was extremely long......
 
So this is how we spent our day......!!!!
 
We decided to go to universal Studio on another day..... no Worries...
 
 
 
 



No comments: