Tuesday, September 17, 2013

《Stories of Love 爱的故事-无私的奉献》 ----破镜重圆Piecing up a broken mirror----

破镜重圆是在比喻夫妻失散或决裂后重新团圆。这句成语起源自南宋战乱时期的一个爱情故事。
The chinese idiom "Piecing up a broken mirror " refers to the reunion of husband and wife after an enforced separation. It originated from a love story which took place during the chaotic war time of the Southern Dynasties.

在南朝末年,隋国派越国公杨素攻打陈朝。
During the last years of the Southern Dynasties, the Sui state sent its official, Yang Su to attack the Chen Dynasty.

杨素率领兵士打进宫里。
The troops led by Yang Su, invaded the palace.

皇宫一片火海,官员,宫女四处奔逃。
Everyone in the palace began to flee.

“公主, 敌兵已杀到,万一失散了,只盼能保住性命,再图团聚!”
"The enemies are here, Princess. If we're separated.....

“夫君...”
"My Dear husband..."

“公主,你貌美如花,若被富贵人家娶为妻室,可别忘了我俩多年的情分!”
"If I die and you do remarry, don't forget the love we once shared...."
“夫君,别开这种玩笑!”
"How could I  forget you and our life together!"

公主拿出一面镜子,往案上一敲,“砰”的一声, 镜子变成两半。
The princess took out a miror and hit it against the table, The mirror broke into halves.

“万一我们不幸失散了,若还活着,以后每逢正月十五,就各持半片镜子到市场上叫卖,以图重圆。”
"We'll each keep half of this mirror. If we're separated, we'll try to meet again by selling it during the 15th of the first month of each year."
天意弄人,乐昌公主与徐德言在战乱中失散了!
Princess Lechang and Xu Deyan eventually lost each other amidst the chaos of the war.

公主不幸被俘,;落到杨素手里。
Princess Lechang was later captured by Yang Su's men.

“国公爷,我们俘获了一名美女,特来献上!”
"We've captured a great beauty, Your Excellency!"

乐昌公主明艳照人,杨素深深被吸引。“哇!真的美如天仙下凡呀!”
Yang Su was mesmerised by Princess Lechang's beauty when he saw her. "Wow! She is as beautiful as an angel!"

杨素非常宠爱乐昌公主,给她锦衣华食,样样不缺。可她对杨素的热情讨好不理不睬。
Yang Su adored the Princess, anfg gave her a luxurious life but she wasn't happy.

她却闷闷不乐,常暗自垂泪。“夫君离别戏言,不想竟染成真。夫君呀,我时时刻刻都在想你,你到底在哪里呢?”
She thought of her husband all the time. "Where are you, my dear husband?"

杨素问道:“美人,什么不如意事弄得你如此哀愁呀?告诉我,我来替你解忧。”
Yang Su asked :"Why are so unhappy, my beauty? I'll give you whatever you want."

“我和夫君在战乱中失散了,不知他现在是死是活?”
"My husband and I were separated during the war. I wonder if he's still alive."

“你在这里享尽荣华,何必再挂念以前的丈夫?他即使不死,说不定也潦倒不堪了!”
"Why are you still thinking of your husband when you have such a good life here? He may be poor and penniless even if he's still alive!"

“不管他是贵是贱,我决不生二心!”
"My heart will never change no matter what happens!"

“你真是死心眼,好吧!如果你丈夫还活着,我就让你走!”
"Stubborn girl! All right. I'll let you go if he is still alive!"

这日,正月十五,乐昌公主召来一位老仆人。“你拿着镜子到长安的市场上卖!”
It was the 15th of the first month of the year. Princess Lechang summoned an old servant, "take this piece of mirror to the market in Chang-an an sell it.

长安夜市好不热闹。“卖镜呀!” “卖镜呀!谁要半面镜子?”
The night market was buzzing with activity, "Mirror for sale! Mirror! Half a piece of mirror for sale!"

“这老头真傻,拿个破镜子来卖!” “对呀!哈哈哈....”
"Who would want to buy a  broken mirror?" "Stupid old man...." "hahaha!"

“老人家! 我要买!铜镜的主人呢?”
"Sir! I'll buy this broken piece. But, tell me, who is the owner of this mirror?"

“这是我家越国公的爱姬乐昌公主叫我来卖的!”
"She is my master's favourite concubine, Princess Lechang."   

“乐昌公主.....她好吗?”
"Princess Lechang?! How is she?"

“唉!公主不知什么原因,终日以泪洗脸....”
"Sign! Although my master adores her, she cries all day..."

徐德言知道公主没有忘了他,便将珍藏着的另外半面铜镜拿出来。
“好.....请你将这铜镜转交给公主好吗?”
Xu Deyan knew that the Princess had not forgotten him, and took out his portion of the mirror
" Please...Can you pass this piece of mirror to the princess?"

老仆人回杨府后,将镜子交给乐昌公主。公主知道丈夫还活着后,非常高兴,决定无论如何也要回到他的身边。
When the servant handed the broken piece of mirror to princess Lechang..... she recognised it immediately....

“国公爷,我丈夫还在人间,希望你能实现你的诺言,让我们夫妻团聚!”
"My husband is still alive, Your Excellency! You promised to release me when I found him"

杨素见乐昌公主心意坚决,不禁被感动。“好,老夫佩服你的坚贞,你回去找你的丈夫吧!”
Yang Su finally let Princess Lechang go. " I am impressed by your fidelity, and I'll honour my word. You are free to go now!"

乐昌公主终于与徐德言团聚。乐昌公主对丈夫的爱坚贞不渝。不为荣华富贵所动,坚守对丈夫的誓言。为后世留下“破镜重圆”这段美丽的爱情故事。
Princess Lechang and Xu Deyan were finally reunited. Princess Lechang's love towards her husband was strong and unyielding. She kept her promise to her husband, unmoved by wealth and luxury...and left behind this touching and beautiful love story.


References: Asiapac Comic (1999). Stories of love. Singapore:Asiapac Books Pte Ltd. Page103-113.
参 考文献:《爱的故事-无私的奉献》...................新加坡:亚太图书有限公司,2000年第109-120页。




No comments: