Friday, October 07, 2005

A journey that all Singaporean men have to embark on!!!!

Today is a very important day for my family because my younger brother had embarked on a journey which every man in Singapore has to go through....... Which is : THE NATIONAL SERVICE!!!

My brother was always very keen in entering the army..... this is what he always wanted!!

Finally, the enlistment letter was sent to him and the enlistment date is 7th October 2005! which is today!!!

A few days ago, my brother was very excited, went out shopping for the things he need to use while in camp. He packed all the things in a very big bag.... it just gave me a thought that he was going on a travel trip with his friends....but who on earth, on a travel trip will just bring along only briefs, snake powder, shavers, hangers, washing powder, slippers, toileteries, an alarm clock, a touch light and 1 pair of locks?????

But anyway...these are what he will need in the camp..... clothes will be provided....!!!

Last night, I kept teasing him.... that he is not allowed to come home for 2 weeks.... can't use the computer to chat with his friends on line.... can't listen to music......he has to sleep and wake up very early.... He can't sleep in his own bed with his own pillow and bolster.... He has to bathe with cold water...there is no heater there.... AND most importantly, there will be no one who will wash his briefs for him!!!!! hahaha!!!!

He was very excited at first but as the time gets nearer and nearer.... he admited that he was starting to miss home already.... hahahaha!!!!

My dad said there will be one period for him... that he has to wear his briefs inside out for one week!!!! yuck!!! then must be very itchy....so must put alot of snake powder to relieve the itch!!!! hahahah!!!!

Right now he is already in the camp..... Even though he just left the house for a few hours, I am begining to miss him already!!!!

Anyway, never mind!!!! He promises my grandma that he will call home every night before he sleep!!!!!!

I am very sure that my brother will be more mature when he finished his army training!!!!

P.S. Oh ya !!! ONE more thing!!! He will also be more tanned and muscular too when he return home after his two weeks of training!!!!
Oh !!! I can't wait to listen to all his stories about his army training!!!!!!

1 comment:

ezycase said...

muahaha... i am awaiting for the stories too... do recount to me after you listened from your bro wor... Happy always... Take care!!